Monday, August 25, 2014

A Day in the Life of Jillian Audrey

August 15th:

I was glad this challenge was on a Friday... Friday is my favorite day of the week. Working from home, I often work on Saturdays and Sundays so Friday is the day that I take off, relax and do "me" things. This weekend, the boyfriend happened to be out of town, which meant EXTRA "me time." (All photographs taken with my 50mm.)

Start the day with coffee. Always.


On Fridays I volunteer at our local animal shelter, the Boston MSPCA. I photograph cats on the adoption floor so prospective adopters can check them out on Petfinder and Facebook. This is Cotton, she's a lovebug.


After volunteering... Wegmans! Wegmans isn't just a grocery store, it's a religion. I come from the land of Wegmans (Rochester, NY) and was incredibly excited for one to open here just a few miles from where I live. Nom Nom.


I have an addiction, it's called Red Mango. My usual: a mix of regular and peach greek with coconut and shaved almonds.


Once home, I edit cat pics and load them up online. I know... I'm editing cat photos but I have a puppy mouse pad.


Next, water the garden. I never understood what people meant when they called tomatoes "sweet" until I grew my own. I pluck these babies right off the vine and pop them in my mouth. So delish.


Islay watches me while I'm outside. She's our rescue cat who I fell in love with while I was volunteering 3 years ago. She's incredible - and only has 3 legs. Sometime I call her Tripod.


A little relaxing with a knitting project.


Strapping on the shoes to go for a run.


After running, stretching and yoga.


Mittsy (my other rescue cat) does yoga too.


End the night cuddled up with a good book.

Find Jillian on Etsy here and on her website here

5 comments:

  1. Love this Jillian, looks like my favorite kind of day :) Especially love the Mitsy Yoga pose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may need to get some fro-yo tonight, you know, just because :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "On Fridays I volunteer at our local animal shelter, the Boston MSPCA. I photograph cats on the adoption floor so prospective adopters can check them out on Petfinder and Facebook."

    Holy shit, I need to find a shelter that will let me do that. What a fantastic way to volunteer!

    " Sometime I call her Tripod." That cracked me up. What a sweet darling cat!

    Lovely pics, really great to tag along your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW Love it :) awesome pics and all seems so balanced, just love it. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like the perfect Friday , I envy you growing the tomatoes and having the 2 beautiful cats

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. We love your supportive comments!