Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Night Montage [socks that match]



Left: shannonblue
Right: cassiabeck

This week, I'm crushing on Shannon Blue & Cassia Beck's diptych from Everyday Vision. Their process is to photograph the same "everyday" objects each week.

~I like how bright horizontal stripes go with muted zig-zag stripes.
~I like how little kids rush home to take socks off and big kids rush home to take pictures of socks.
~I like how the second image could be the future of this tiny shoe and sock wearer.

~

The objects seem to become more meaningful when placed side by side in two different worlds.
..

This puppy also caught my eye.

'Till Next Week,
I . Heart. Diptychs

have a diptych project going on? Have one you'd like to see featured? Comment below & let us know!

4 comments:

  1. wonderful images & a wonderful idea. i love them both, very different feels to the same ordinary objects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a diptych happening! My beautiful friend and I live across the nation from each other but we're putting up photos every week to share.

    http://ahopandaskip.blogspot.com

    I am a photographer on etsy (just this week!!).

    Lucky Candice
    http://luckycandice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics on your blog!

    http://littlemissblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great candice, thanks for sharing! let me know at zapatita@gmail.com if you have become a member of fpoe and we can add you to the monday night montage group :) If you'd like to become a member of fpoe contact elle moss at femalephotographersofetsy@gmail.com
    ...
    and I'm glad you enjoy them Ava!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. We love your supportive comments!